Lower Farm Stables offers full and part livery services. You can be assured that your horse will receive top quality care from experienced, professional staff. Your horse is treated as one of our own and more importantly, as an individual. We will work closely with you to make sure all their needs are met.
What makes us different?
- Unlike most yards we have ample grazing. We can turn out your horse every day summer or winter.
- We only have 12 stables which allows us to really focus on the individual care of your horse
- Expert tuition from on site instructor
- Regular dressage, jumping and pole work clinics.
- Miles of off road hacking on the Three Shires Way. The bridleway runs through our premises, so there is no long hack on a road to get to the bridleway.
- Your horse can live out 24 hours a day in the summer if you wish. Turn out is in small groups which are carefully chosen to suit your horse's personality and grazing requirements.
- New, large stable block with lots of modern features.
- Access to the arena is easy and unlimited.
- Choice of exercise options including lungeing, hacking or schooling by competent staff.
- Owners live on site and a late night check of the horses is done every night.
- Superb quality hay or haylage is included in the price. We have worked closely with the producer to create a product that is weed free, low in sugar with good levels of nutrients and minerals and is as near organic as possible. The haylage is fully analysed and contains grasses and herbs suitable for horses (not cattle like so many commercial haylages available) and expert advice is available to help you choose appropriate hard feeds to complement the forage. This forage is amongst the best in the country and suits most horses from laminitic ponies to fit competition horses.
- We are a "barefoot friendly" yard. We understand that the feeding and exercising of barefoot horses can be complex. Forage is analysed and expert advice on mineral balanced diets is available if needed.
- We are within an hour’s drive from several top competition centres including Addington Manor, The College Equestrian Centre, Bury Farm, Milton Keynes Event centre and more.
- We have built up a network of trusted service providers from Vets and Farriers to Sports massage therapists and Physiotherapists, ensuring top quality care.
Flexible Part Livery Includes:
Mucking out and poo picking
All turning out, bringing in, hoof picking, feet washing and rug changes.
Hay or haylage and a basic hard feed.
Up to one bale of dust extracted, small chip shavings per week
Holding for vet and farrier plus administration of any treatment or medication.
Use of all facilities
5 day part livery £115 per week.
7 day part livery £140 per week.
Full Livery Includes:
All of the above, plus:
Tack cleaning at least 3 times per week
3 x exercises per week. One of which can be schooling by resident BHSIsm.
£170 per week.